Wombell's Auctioneers offer a high level of service to buyers and sellers and we are proud that customers from ten years ago are still customers today.
Selling With Us
At Wombell's, we aim to make selling your items as straightforward and efficient as possible. We have a large pool of individual buyers as well as traders who regularly purchase a wide range of antique and vintage items from our general sales. Through Easylive, we also have access to a wider marketplace of buyers. Our specialist gold, silver and jewellery sales - held every 3 months - attract a great deal of attention from collectors and dealers.
- We charge 21% plus VAT (total 25%) on hammer price subject to a minimum charge of £6 plus VAT.
- We charge £60 incl VAT per hour for collecting items, this is for two men and a van/lorry as appropriate.
- If you wish to discuss an item please telephone on 01904 790777 or you could email an image of it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We undertake many full house clearances and are happy to give a free estimate.
- Vendors are not permitted to bid for their own property; any reserves should be agreed at the time of consignment.
- Generally you will receive payment a week to ten days after the auction.
We make the process of selling as simple as possible. Ideally, you should bring items to us in the first week directly after a sale - we fill up very quickly so you have to get your items in early. On arrival one of our staff will assess the items you have brought in. We will give you an honest professional assessment of whether the items are worth selling and, if so, possibly what kind of price to expect.
If you decide to go ahead and sell the items, we will take them in, get your details and give you a receipt listing the key items and stating the sale date. A couple of days before the sale, we will email you a pre-sale advice where you will see how your items have been lotted up and the estimates we have put on them. You can also view photos of the relevant lots on the website. If there are any problems arising from this, just give us a ring so we can sort them out before the sale.
Our success in selling people's items is evidenced by the large number of repeat customers we get and the number of new customers who have been referred to us by people we have helped in the past. We take great pride in providing this essential service to the communities in and around York, Leeds, Wakefield and Harrogate and beyond.